What is the Haute Tots consignment sale?
- The Haute Tots Kids and Maternity Consignment Sale is a sale that provides UPSCALE clothes, toys, furniture, equipment, accessories and a lot more. Everything you need for your kids!
When is the next sale?
Friday April 7th and Saturday April 8th
Arvada Methodist Church
6750 Carr Street
Arvada, CO 80004
How do I become a seller?
- Registration will open on about 6 weeks before the sale - an email will be sent out with instructions. If you are not on our email list, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
- Just log onto www.myconsignmentmanager.com/hautetots. The website provides detailed step by step directions to help you every step of the way. Please note that your consignor space is not secured until your $15 registration fee is paid. Registration fees are non-refundable.
What does the registration fee cover?
- Registration fee helps offset the costs associated with space rental, marketing & credit card fees.
What is the tagging service you provide?
- We offer a service to tag your items for you. All you have to do is drop your items off to us by August 18th and we will do all the work of prep, tagging, bringing to the venue and putting it away. This has a $20. registration fee and you will get a check for 45% of your proceeds. This service will be offered first come first serve until March18th 2016.
When do I get paid?
- You will receive a check approximately 1 week after the sale closes.
Do I need to volunteer during the sale?
- We ask that you volunteer for one 2 hour shift during the week of the sale. If you choose not to volunteer you will receive 60% instead of 70% of your sales proceeds.
- ALL consignors are invited to the presale - even if you don't volunteer. If a consignor volunteers for 2 shifts, you can shop an hour early! You will be invited to the presale at 5:00 pm instead of 6:00 pm on Thursday evening.
- Please be sure to show up for your volunteer shifts. If you do not show up without contacting us first, we will deduct $25 from your proceeds.
We CAN NOT do this sale without volunteers. It is our mission to make sure your items are safe and our customers have a great shopping experience.
Can I share my consignor number with a friend?
- We do not allow consignors to share their number with friends. We have a set number of consignors and we always have a waiting list. Please tell your friends and family members to sign up for their own consignor number. If your number is shared, a $25 admin fee will be assessed.
What items are accepted?
- We accept gently worn clothing ranging from newborn through youth size 16, maternity clothes, indoor and outdoor toys, furniture, equipment, accessories, sports equipment, books, DVDs, games, and anything else you use for your kids! Please only bring season appropriate clothing.
Should I iron my clothes?
- Wrinkled clothes do not sell. Please do what is necessary to make your clothes look clean and nice. Remember, the better they look, the more likely they are to sell!
Are there items that you don’t accept?
We do not accept:
- Clothing, toys or equipment that is old or out of style or any clothing with stains, tears, holes or missing buttons, etc..
- Toys or equipment with missing or defective pieces
- Toys or equipment with no working batteries
Damaged or defective items will be removed from the sale.
Please make sure you would be willing to put it on or give it to your child. No one wants to sort through, much less buy, damaged items for their children. We insist on accepting only high quality items in excellent condition.
How do I price my items?
- All prices are in increments of $1. Price your items to sell. If you value the item at $10 price it at $8 or $9 to ensure it sells before half price day. Our most successful sellers price to sell and always discount on 1/2 price day.
- Price at 25-35% of the retail value, depending on the brand/condition of the item. Baby equipment, furniture and large indoor/outdoor toys sell well and are in high demand. We have an abundance of 0-12 month sizes, so they must be priced competitively in order to sell. If you would like pricing guidelines, please ask us for a copy.
What is 1/2 price Day?
- We host a 1/2 price sale on the last day of the event from 1pm-4pm. We do this to increase sales of remaining items – less for you to take home! If you have some special items you do not want to discount, simply mark them NO DISCOUNT.
- Use NO DISCOUNT tags sparingly. The only time this should be used is when the item is priced competitively (in which case it would be sold at full price earlier in the sale).
- Most of our consignors would rather take less profit than none at all. They’d also rather not bring home boxes of unsold clothing and accessories. It is our experience that many of the items remaining after 1/2 price day were over-priced to begin with. If you over-price AND opt for No Discount, you can count on bringing home many unsold items.
How do I secure small pieces to toys or equipment?
- Place them in a ziploc bag and then seal the bag with clear packing tape. This is important! Attach the bag to large items with masking tape, string or ribbon.
When I price items in a ziploc bag, how do I attach the price tag?
- Place the tag inside the bag with the barcode facing out, but do not tape the tag inside or outside the bag. Do not tape the ziploc closed. Use a Sharpee to write your consignor number and price on the outside of the bag.
When do I drop off my items?
- Drop off will be Wednesday, April 5th - times are located on your personal webpage.
When do I pick up my items that don’t sell?
- Pick up will be from 4:30- 7:00pm on Saturday, April 8th. If items are not picked up by 7:00pm on Saturday, we will be donating them to the Savio House.
What happens to my items if I don’t pick them up?
- Unsold items that are not claimed at pick-up will be donated Savio House. Savio works with families who often struggle with issues of poverty and your donations go a long way to help meet these children's needs. They are very grateful for your donations!
What types of payments are acceptable to purchase items?
Cash and credit cards are accepted.
There will be a $1.00 convience fee added to all credit card purchases over $20.
Why is participating in the Haute Tots Sale better than having a garage sale?
- We do most of the work for you! You just prepare your items and bring them to the sale location. We handle all of the marketing and advertising - you benefit from our existing customer base of eager shoppers. You just pick up your unsold items and your proceeds. And, no pesky negotiations! Our shoppers are looking for quality used items and are willing to pay a reasonable amount for them.